We are looking for a UI/UX designer, with 3+ years experience. The successful candidate will collaborate with our clients, the Creative Director and our developers, helping to solve complex design problems and turning ideas into high quality deliverables that meet our clients' business objectives.
- Deliver designs within an agreed time-frame, and to a high standard
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of design principles; typography, layout and visual hierarchy, colour theory etc.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of browser/device UI and responsive web design patterns
- Have worked with, or show a desire to learn about modular Design Systems, Pattern Libraries, Style Guides etc.
- Have experience using a broad set of design tools (for example pen and paper, Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Invision, Photoshop etc.)
- Be able to communicate effectively through your designs, user-flows, interactions etc. to clients and developers using the most appropriate tool for the job
- Create your design artwork in a methodical, structured and organised way, that allows for easy collaboration and developer hand-off
- Respond to design feedback in a positive, and professional manner
- Understand the need for your designs to be commercially viable, and to show a willingness to learn/understand the platforms they will be implemented in (e.g. Magento 2, BigCommerce, Shopware, Shopify etc.)
- Have a good working knowledge of HTML and CSS, and/or other web technologies
- Work in a collaborative, and inclusive way with our team and clients
- Research UI design and UX best-practice on an ongoing basis, and take ownership of your deliverables
- UI/UX/Digital design: Demonstrates excellent knowledge of digital design principles, techniques and best practice (at least 2-3 years of experience). Experience working with Design Systems/Pattern Libraries is a plus
- Organisation and Planning: Plans, organises and schedules available resources in an efficient manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Intelligence: Learns quickly, demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail resolution of a task
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately, offers information regularly and willingly
- Honesty/integrity: Does not cut corners ethically, does what is right. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Speaks plainly and truthfully
- Ecommerce Platforms: Experience with ecommerce platforms would be advantageous, but is not a requirement - Magento, Shopware, BigCommerce, Shopify etc.
- Webflow: Our own corporate website is built with Webflow, so any existing experience would be a plus
Salary and benefits
We pride ourselves on having a friendly and inclusive work environment. We offer fair salaries, based on experience and job roles within our industry. Benefits vary, but full-time members of staff can expect:
- A computer of your choice
- Flexible hours, with the option to work remotely
- Unlimited holiday allowance, comprising of statutory entitlement (UK), plus bank holidays, plus between Christmas and New Year
- Weekly self-driven training, plus industry recognised training and accreditation
Polite request - no recruitment agencies or outsourcing companies please.
Please send your CV to email@example.com to apply.