Joanna Lord is the Customer Acquisition & Engagement Director for SEOmoz, a leading provider of SEO software. This presentation was fantastic and contained some great recommendations for tracking and benchmarking social media activity for both your company and your competitors.
Joanna talked about how she evaluates social media presence and activity, providing details of several great tools and metrics.
Key takeaways from this presentation:
- Use social media to speak louder and resinate with more people
- Velocity = momentum of growth
- Velocity is a strong social metric
- Simply Measured is a good tool for tracking social velocity / social media analysis in general
- Use a tool to monitor social mentions
- Socialmention allows you to benchmark your activity
- Blogscape is going to be revamped and will hopefully launch in November
- Share of voice is another good social metric
- Record your engagement levels
- Cotweet (by ExactTarget) is a good tool for benchmarking + competitive analysis
- Trackur is another good tool for monitoring social media activity
- Attensity is a social media monitoring tool
- Specific landing pages indicates heavy investment in social advertising
- Social advertising comes with more data – lots of data from Twitter advertising
- Look at the LinkedIn company profile of companies for more insight – who's left, joined etc
- Start tracking as much as you can today!!
- Adopt / track new metrics early on
- Visibli and converseon look like really good tools
- Crowdbooster is good for pulling out the tags and topics which can be used for content strategy