There have been two recent release candidate updates to SilverStripe CMS. summaries below.
- Security: Require ADMIN for ?flush=1&isDev=1 (SS-2014-001)
- Security: XSS in third party library (SWFUpload) (SS-2014-002)
- Better loading performance when using multiple UploadField instances
- Option for force_js_to_bottom on Requirements class (ignoring inline 'script' tags)
- Added ListDecorator->filterByCallback() for more sophisticated filtering
- New DataList filters: LessThanOrEqualFilter and GreaterThanOrEqualFilter
- "Cancel" button on "Add Page" form
- Better code hinting on magic properties (for IDE autocompletion)
- Increased Behat test coverage (editing HTML content, managing page permissions)
- Support for PHPUnit 3.8
- Fixed regression around CMS loading in IE8
- Fixed regression in folder creation on upload
- 2014-02-20 ebeb663 Fixed critical issue with Folder::find_or_make failing to handle invalid filename characters BUG Fix UploadField duplicate checking with invalid folderName (Damian Mooyman)
- 2014-02-19 a681bd7 IE8 support in jquery.ondemand.js (fixes #2872) (Loz Calver)
We recommend that all our clients currently on version 2.4.10 or below upgrade to the latest stable version. SilverStripe 3 saw a complete rework of the framework and CMS interface, making it more powerful and user friendly.