Having enjoyed his incredible presentation at the Distilled LinkLove event back in March, I was really looking forward to seeing Martin talk at SearchLove this time around - and his presentation didn't disappoint.
Martin also introduced a petition which is designed to try and prevent Google from taking away further Google Analytics data - you can sign it here.
Key takeaways from this presentation:
- Big brands don't rank automatically – but SERP's will change
- Big brands were overtaken by companies like Amazon, eBay etc on the internet – very few pre-internet retailers have big online presence
- Most big brand companies have horrible sites
- The search term 'soft drinks' only returns two well-known brands
- museumofme created by intel = very impressive use of Facebook data
- This is a great piece of linkbait
- The biggest brand is the bible – the religious followers are like brand evangelists
- Find brand evangelists – people who love your brand
- You need to love your brand too
- keywordtransparency.com – Martin's petition to stop Google from taking our data away